About Facelift Surgery
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Thornwell Parker at Elevate Medical Spa and Cosmetic Surgery offers surgical facelifts for his patients in Dallas, TX. Facelifts can give amazing and natural-appearing results when done properly. On the other hand, we have all seen unnatural results that may occur if there is inappropriate training and technique. This treatment concentrates on precise sections of the face to correct loose skin features to create a smooth, more youthful appearance. Depending on your aesthetic goals, a facelift can focus on the areas around the eyes, the cheeks and mid-face, the bottom section including the jowls, mouth, and neck, and more for an all-around youthful look. The type of facelift technique used depends on the patient's goals, the condition of the skin, the amount of laxity present, lifestyle, age, and other factors. Some men and women are ready for a full facelift while others may only need a mid-facelift or upper face lifting. Our experienced surgeons have a complete understanding of the anatomy and complex intricacies of facelift surgery. The objective is to create a natural-looking result that's smooth and appealing.
Ideal candidates for a facelift are frustrated by noticeable facial wrinkles and lines, whether it be on the entire face or a specific section, such as the mid-face and lower face. Facelift surgery can address various sections, depending on the unique signs of aging. It is important to understand that age does not necessarily define the timing to have cosmetic facial surgery. There are so many unique concerns and reasons, as well as numerous lift types, depending on the concerns being addressed. The treatment chosen will vary for patients who are in their 30s versus those who are over 60. Skin laxity is one of the most important components in the planning process. Facelift patients should be in good physical health and be a nonsmoker, and also have realistic expectations. Prior to surgery, we will give you all of the nonsurgical treatment options to discover if you can benefit from nonsurgical procedures, such as fillers or laser treatments.
"All the staff was very professional."- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Oct 12, 2017
"Tori is always the best! Super friendly and very knowledgeable!!"- C.D. / Google / May 03, 2021
"I love this place! I haven’t been here since Covid hit over 13 months ago and they were just as friendly as ever! Tori knows her stuff and I’ve always trusted their advice and knowledge of procedures."- J.Z. / Yelp / Apr 14, 2021
"These are my GIRLS!!! I could not say enough good things about Elevate. The experience is wonderful from the second you step foot in the lobby - they have a very serene and beautifully decorated waiting room with calming music. The women at the front desk are outstanding - so positive and welcoming every time. Tori is a wizard, I have been seeing her for Botox and microneedling. She has also been an amazing and honest consultant for other treatments I'm interested in. She won't hesitate to tell me when I don't need something, which is so refreshing when it comes to getting cosmetic treatments in Dallas. The culture is usually the opposite and geared towards getting you to spend more money. You'll never feel this kind of pressure at Elevate, they take a conservative approach and genuinely care about the results. I'll never go anywhere else."- S.G. / Google / Mar 03, 2021
"Normally I would be afraid to utilize a service like this as a man, but in this instance my experience was nothing but the best. I didn’t feel like I was a person going through a factory to get basic services but rather someone but the nurse practitioner took time and gave great suggestions of short, mood, and long-term improvements I could go to my health. Tori did a great job and I highly recommend this experience."- M.A. / Yelp / Dec 29, 2020
Regardless of your aesthetic concerns, there are numerous facelifts to consider. Some facelifts treat the upper portion of the face while others focus on the middle and lower. Moreover, some techniques are slightly more invasive and intricate than others. It is also common for some individuals to have other procedures done at the same time, such as a brow lift, eyelid surgery, laser resurfacing, or fat injections to complement the outcomes. A few of the more common facelift techniques include:
- Mini Facelift - During a mini facelift, a small incision is made around the ears to elevate and tighten the skin, which helps the mouth and jawline. This technique creates subtle improvements that look natural. This can often be done under the safety and comfort of local anesthesia only.
- Mid-Facelift - Incorporating a similar method to the mini lift, the cheek lift (known as a mid-facelift) focuses on the droopy features around the cheekbones and the upper jaw. This lift works great for those who desire improvement to the lower two-thirds of the face, which also includes the jowls.
- Full Facelift - Considered the gold standard, the full facelift usually incorporates an incision that is hidden around the ears and extends along the sideburn in the front and along the hairline behind the ears. The underlying facial tissues are delicately pulled and securely tightened to produce a lifted appearance, which reduces excessive wrinkles and sagging. There are other technical variations in how this procedure can be performed, for example, a “SMAS” facelift versus a “subcutaneous facelift.” A full facelift is reserved for patients who show signs of advanced aging. With this lift, several treatments may be combined, including an eyelid lift to enhance the eyes or a neck lift for the lower region.
- Lower Facelift - A lower facelift addresses the neck region and chin, and in many cases, the jowls. Nonsurgical methods, such as Kybella or laser skin tightening, can also be used for chin reduction and a younger-looking neck.
What to Expect
Regardless of the facelift procedure you have, the ultimate goal is to produce a gorgeous and visually appealing outcome. The majority of our facelift surgeries are performed while the patient is under IV sedation while some can be safely performed under local anesthesia. The timing of the treatment depends on how invasive the surgery is and if other procedures are combined. After surgery, there will be bruising, swelling, possible drainage, some moderate soreness, and discomfort, which can be helped by prescription pain medication. Patients should plan on taking it very easy at home for about one week. During the second week, you are safe to get out of the house with some makeup on but will still look a little bruised. In about 3 – 4 weeks, you can begin returning to normal activity and light exercise but may appear a little swollen. The majority of patients look and feel normal after about a month. You will see a smoother and younger-looking facial appearance. In all, the face will be rejuvenated and fresh.
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- $11,000 - $20,000
- Recovery Time
- 2 – 3 weeks
- Average Procedure Time
- 3 – 6 hours
- Post-op Follow-up
- 5 – 7 days
- Procedure Recovery Location
The Right Facelift for You
A facelift treatment can take years off your face and provide you a natural, rejuvenated look. Today, there are so many alternatives for surgery based on your individual needs and goals. Plastic surgeon Dr. Parker will seamlessly and gracefully walk you through each passing year looking natural with a facelift procedure. To hear more about this treatment, we invite you to contact Elevate Medical Spa and Cosmetic Surgery in Dallas to set up your consult.