About Brow Lift Surgery
As we get older, skin laxity reduces and causes many areas of the face to sag. This is especially critical in the upper face region and typically affects men and women. When seeing yourself in the mirror, do you appear tired or angry, notice frown lines between the brows, or are bothered by a drooping brow? Brow lift surgery at Elevate Medical Spa may be the right cosmetic treatment for your needs.
"All the staff was very professional."- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Oct 12, 2017
"Dr Parker and his staff are amazing. Not only did he answer every question and concern I had, he listened and is was very down-to-earth. He is also helping me with locations where the cancer removal has disfigured my face. Skin cancer can be a little scary, but Dr Parker makes you feel very supported. The clinic is super clean, the staff is super nice and I would recommend him HIGHLY. A++"- M.H. / Healthgrades / Sep 24, 2021
"Excellent experience! Dr Parker has great bedside manners. He took his time to explain procedure in detail and made sure I understood the process. He answered all questions. His office staff and nurses also all very helpful, friendly and nice."- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Sep 02, 2021
"Tori is always the best! Super friendly and very knowledgeable!!"- C.D. / Google / May 03, 2021
"I love this place! I haven’t been here since Covid hit over 13 months ago and they were just as friendly as ever! Tori knows her stuff and I’ve always trusted their advice and knowledge of procedures."- J.Z. / Yelp / Apr 14, 2021
Prior to surgery, anesthesia will be given. This can be done through general anesthesia or IV sedation, depending on the extent of the surgery. The incision technique used during a brow lift is determined based on the severity of sag, whether or not the forehead is affected, and the position of the hairline. There are many approaches to consider:
- Traditional Incision - Also called the coronal incision or open lift incision, this places the incision at the top of the head behind the hairline. The traditional incision not only masks scarring, but it also provides a certain degree of controlled lifting during the procedure. The traditional incision works well for those with both a sagging brow and frown lines. This is the better technique if you are at risk for having a receding hairline because it hides the incision further back behind the hairline. The disadvantage is that this technique pulls the hairline even further back.
- Trichophytic Incision - Also referred to as an anterior hairline incision, this incision is placed right along the front edge of the hairline. This incision allows significant lifting of the brow for women and men who have a strong hairline and has the advantage of not pulling the hairline back, and may actually pull the hairline down.
- Lateral Brow Lift - Also known as a temporal brow lift, this technique sets the incision inside the hairline, just above the temples. The lateral incision allows the outer areas of the brow to be raised and helps with sagging that is present in the outer brows. The lateral technique also helps to correct Crow’s feet.
- Endoscopic Forehead Lift - This is one of the more modern techniques used in a brow lift. It places 2 – 3 tiny incisions in the hairline and inserts an endoscope, which moves down to the area of the eyebrow to release its attachments. Through the camera of the endoscope, the brow tissue is suspended using special stitches to keep the brow in its higher position.
What to Expect
Recovery following brow lift surgery can vary with the most post-operative discomfort and swelling occurring with the open technique versus the endoscopic or temporal approaches. Overall, there will be slight bruising and swelling in the upper face near the brows and possibly around the eyes. Cold compresses may help to decrease the swelling, and our doctors advise patients to sleep upright for 3 – 4 nights following their surgery. It is important to avoid any movement or activities that may place stress on the face. The average recovery time from this procedure is about 2 – 3 weeks. The outcome can usually be seen immediately, resulting in a rejuvenated appearance that looks softer, more alert, and with a noticeable reduction in fine lines and sagging in the upper half of the face.
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- $3,600 - $5,500
- Recovery Time
- 2 – 3 weeks
- Average Procedure Time
- 1.5 – 2.5 hours
- Post-op Follow-up
- 5 – 7 days
- Procedure Recovery Location
Rejuvenate Your Appearance
Don't let your sagging brow make people think you're mad, sad, tired, or angry — schedule a consultation to learn more about a brow lift at Elevate Medical Spa in Dallas, TX. By raising your sagging brow, you can improve your whole appearance, making you look younger and more refreshed. Our Elevate team strives for natural-looking results. Your forehead lift will leave others thinking you got a haircut or a new outfit, not questioning if you had plastic surgery.