About Lip Augmentation
If you were born with thin lips or you are noticing less volume in your lips over time, surgical or nonsurgical lip augmentation can help to give you a full, well-shaped mouth. Surgical lip augmentation can be accomplished with a fat transfer, silicone implants, or a vermilion advancement (lip lift) to create the shape you desire. Surgical lip augmentation can create beautiful results that last for years. For nonsurgical lip augmentation, there are many injectable fillers that can temporarily plump the lips for a fuller appearance. If you're interested in surgical and nonsurgical augmentation, contact Elevate Medical Spa and Cosmetic Surgery in Dallas, TX to schedule an initial consultation. Our Elevate team, led by board-certified plastic surgeons Drs. Thornwell Parker and Kevin Hanz, can discuss all your choices and create your personal lip augmentation treatment plan.
- Lip Implants - Providing the longest lasting results, silicone implants can be placed in the upper and/or lower lips to enhance the shape and volume of your mouth.
- Fat Transfer - By removing fat from your body with liposuction and adding the purified fat into the lips, you can get natural-looking volume.
- Lip Lift/Vermillion Advancement - This is a surgical technique that adjusts the borders of the upper and/or lower lips to increase the area and shape of the mouth.
- Dermal Fillers - Injectable fillers, such as Juvéderm or Restylane, can temporarily add volume to the lips and decrease the appearance of fine lip lines.
Surgical or nonsurgical lip augmentation can help give you fuller lips and a better mouth shape. Depending on your concerns and goals, you can select a surgical lip augmentation procedure for results that last a long time or injectable dermal fillers without recovery time. It can be helpful to start with injectable fillers to see how different shapes and amounts of volume look before moving to a surgical lip enhancement. You are an ideal candidate for upper and/or lower lip augmentation:
- Have thin lips naturally or have lost lip volume with age
- Have uneven or asymmetrical lips
- Want to improve the entire face
- Are in overall good health
"All the staff was very professional."- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Oct 12, 2017
"Always a great result - I've received Botox treatments from Dr. Hanz and it always looks natural and I receive many compliments. Very happy with my care... Im contemplating other treatments and I wouldn't go anywhere else. His bedside manner is very pleasant as well.."- C. / RealSelf / Feb 01, 2018
"Breast Implant Removal and Liposuction - The staff at Elevate was amazing from scheduling my consultation down to the actual procedure. I had two separate procedures performed by Dr. Hanz the first one being a breast implant removal and the second one was liposuction. Dr. Hanz and his staff were very helpful in answering all of my questions and concerns. My continued care after the procedures has been substantial as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Hanz and his staff for any of your cosmetic needs."- H. / RealSelf / Jan 30, 2018
"Breast implant removal with a lift and liposuction - The staff at Elevate Medical Spa was amazing from scheduling my consultation down to the actual procedures. I had two separate procedures performed by Dr. Hanz the first one being breast plant and capsule removal with a lift and the second one being liposuction. Dr. Hanz and his staff were very helpful in answering all of my questions and concerns. My continued care after the procedures has been substantial and I am very pleased with my results."- Anonymous / Vitals / Jan 30, 2018
"no suggestions for anything to be any different"- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Oct 12, 2017
What to Expect
Performed alone, lip augmentation surgery is typically a quick, outpatient procedure done in an accredited facility. Depending on the technique selected, your procedure may take an estimated 30 minutes to 2 hours. Generally, patients will be given IV sedation during their surgery, but local anesthesia may be used in some cases. At your consultation, our doctors will go over what will happen during your procedure. Once the surgery is complete, you will be observed before you are released to start your recovery at home. You may be required to have an adult pick you up after your surgery if you have been under general anesthesia.
- Lip Implants - A small incision is made in the corner of the mouth so the lip implant(s) can be inserted. The lip implants will create results that last for years.
- Fat Transfer - With a fat transfer, fat will be extracted (via liposuction) from an area of your body with excess fat. This fat will then be purified and injected into your lips until the desired fullness is achieved. Since some fat can be reabsorbed by the body after the surgery, the lips may be purposely filled a little beyond your goal to compensate for this loss. Lip enhancement with a fat transfer may be repeated to sustain or enhance your lips, but generally, your results will last for many years.
- Lip Lift/Vermilion Advancement - During this surgical lip enhancement, a small incision will be hidden along the upper and/or lower line of the lip or hidden along the base of the nose. A small area of skin between the lips and the nose will be removed, then the lips will be pulled to cover the removed skin and sutured into their new position. This lip advancement surgery creates long-lasting results that improve the size and shape of the lips.
- Dermal Fillers - Nonsurgical lip augmentation can be done with injectable dermal fillers, like Juvéderm or Restylane. Dermal fillers can be performed as an outpatient procedure in one of our treatment rooms. Depending on the dermal filler selected, a local anesthetic may be part of the formula or a numbing cream can be applied to the lips before the treatment. Once your lips have been prepared, several quick injections will be made in the needed areas of the lips and then massaged to give better results. You should be able to leave after your procedure to resume your regular activities.
It's important to follow all recovery instructions provided by to achieve optimal healing and your best results. Whether you received a surgical or nonsurgical lip augmentation, your lips will probably be sore and swollen for a few days following your procedure. The amount of temporary swelling may be surprising for the first few days, but usually resolves within one week. With a fat transfer, you can expect the area where the fat was extracted to be sore as well. Cold pack and over-the-counter pain medications are recommended to address any swelling and discomfort. The results of nonsurgical lip augmentation can last for about 3 – 12 months, depending on the brand selected for the treatment. Lip augmentation surgery should provide lasting results, but natural aging will continue and may affect results over time. Talk to our Elevate team about touch-up treatments that can refresh your results.
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- $600 - $3,800
- Recovery Time
- 1-2 weeks
- Average Procedure Time
- 1-1.5 hours
- Post-op Follow-up
- 5-7 days
- Procedure Recovery Location
Love Your Lips
At Elevate Medical Spa, we want you to love the appearance of your lips. With nonsurgical and surgical lip augmentation treatment options, you can get plump, full lips that improve your whole appearance. Call our Dallas, TX office today to make an initial consultation with our Elevate team. We can assess your mouth to create a unique treatment plan that will get your best lips.