About Facelift Surgery
Board-certified plastic surgeons Drs. Thornwell Parker and Kevin Hanz at Elevate Medical Spa and Cosmetic Surgery offer surgical facelifts for their patients in Dallas, TX. Facelifts can give amazing and natural appearing results when done appropriately. On the other hand, we have all seen unnatural results that may occur if there is inappropriate training and technique. This treatment concentrates on precise sections of the face to correct loose skin features to create a smooth, more youthful appearance. Depending on your aesthetic goals, a facelift can focus on the areas around the eyes, the cheeks and mid-face, the bottom section including the jowls, mouth, and neck, and more for an all-around youthful look. The type of facelift technique used depends on the patient's goals, the condition of the skin, the amount of laxity present, lifestyle, age, and other factors. Some men and women are ready for a full facelift, while others may only need a mid-face lift or upper face lifting. Our experienced surgeons have a complete understanding of the anatomy and complex intricacies of a facelift surgery. The objective is to create a natural-looking result that's smooth and appealing.
Ideal candidates for a facelift are frustrated by noticeable facial wrinkles and lines whether it be on the entire face or a specific section, such as the mid-face and lower face. Facelift surgery can address various sections depending on your unique signs of aging. It is important to understand that age does not necessarily define the timing to have cosmetic facial surgery. There are so many unique concerns and reasons, as well as numerous lift types depending on the concerns being addressed. The treatment chosen will vary for patients who are in their 30s versus those who are over 60. Skin laxity is one of the most important components in the planning process. Facelift patients should be in good physical health and be a nonsmoker, and also have realistic expectations. Prior to surgery, we will give you all of the nonsurgical treatment options to discover if you can benefit from nonsurgical procedures, such as fillers, or laser treatment.
"All the staff was very professional."- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Oct 12, 2017
"Love this place for Botox, dysport and IPL photofacialS. Tori is the best, she listens to what you want and explains everything and I have been very happy with the results of my treatments since my girlfriend referred her to me several months ago. The friends I have sent have also been happy with their results."- K.H. / Yelp / Sep 17, 2018
"Can't say enough about how professional and comfortable this Med Spa is in comparison to some of the other popular locations in town (which I've tried). Elevate feels less like a cattle call and more like a one on one experience. Suzanne is phenomenal for brows and facials- very kind and has your best interests at heart. I've seen Tori as well for photo facials and a few other minor treatments. Both are kind, very informed and the office is efficiently run. Avoid all the other Med spas that advertise like crazy. This place is sophisticated yet comfortable. Employees have a high attention to detail and it is very competitive when it comes to pricing."- T.S. / Yelp / Aug 28, 2018
"Everyone at the office is so nice. Torey did an amazing job and is great at what she does!!"- M.R. / Facebook / Jun 20, 2018
"Everyone at the office is so nice. Torey did an amazing job and is great at what she does!!"- M.R. / Facebook / Jun 19, 2018
Regardless of your aesthetic concerns, there are numerous facelifts to consider. Some facelifts treat the upper portion of the face, while others focus on the middle and lower. Moreover, some techniques are slightly more invasive and intricate than others. It is also common for some individuals to have other procedures done at the same time, such as a brow lift, eyelid surgery, laser resurfacing, or fat injections to complement the outcomes. A few of the more common facelift techniques include:
- Mini Facelift - During a mini facelift, a small incision is made around the ears to elevate and tighten the skin, which helps the mouth and jawline. This technique creates subtle improvements that look natural. This can often be done under the safety and comfort of local anesthesia only.
- Mid-Facelift - Incorporating a similar method to the mini lift, the cheek lift (known as a mid-facelift) focuses on the droopy features around the cheekbones and the upper jaw. This lift works great for those who desire improvement to the lower two-thirds of the face, which also includes the jowls.
- Full Facelift - Considered the gold standard, the full facelift usually incorporates an incision that is hidden around the ears and extends along the sideburn in the front and along the hairline behind the ears. The underlying facial tissues are delicately pulled and securely tightened to produce a lifted appearance, which reduces excessive wrinkles and sagging. There are other technical variations in how this procedure can be performed, for example, a “SMAS” facelift versus a “subcutaneous facelift.” A full facelift is reserved for patients who show signs of advanced aging. With this lift, several treatments may be combined, including an eyelid lift to enhance the eyes or a neck lift for the lower region.
- Lower Facelift - A lower facelift addresses the neck region and chin, and in many cases, the jowls. Nonsurgical methods, such as Kybella® or laser skin tightening, can also be used for chin reduction and a younger-looking neck.
What to Expect
Regardless of the facelift procedure you have, the ultimate goal is to produce a gorgeous and visually appealing outcome. The majority of our facelift surgeries are performed while the patient is under IV sedation, while some can be safely performed under local anesthesia. The timing of the treatment depends on how invasive the surgery is, and if other procedures were combined. After surgery, there will be bruising, swelling, possible drainage, some moderate soreness, and discomfort, which can be helped by pain prescription medication. Patients should plan on taking it very easy at home for about one week. The second week you are safe to get out of the home with some makeup on, but will still look a little beaten up. Weeks three and four you can begin returning to normal activity and light exercise, but may appear a little swollen. The majority of patients look and feel normal after about a month. You will see a smoother and younger-looking facial appearance. In all, the face will be rejuvenated and fresh.
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- $11,000 - $20,000
- Recovery Time
- 2-3 weeks
- Average Procedure Time
- 3-6 hours
- Post-op Follow-up
- 5-7 days
- Procedure Recovery Location
The Right Facelift for You
A facelift treatment can take years off your face and provide you a natural, rejuvenated look. Today, there are so many alternatives for surgery based on your individual needs and goals. Plastic surgeons Drs. Parker and Hanz will help you seamlessly and gracefully walk you through each passing year looking natural with a facelift procedure. To hear more about this treatment, we invite you to contact Elevate Medical Spa and Cosmetic Surgery in Dallas to set up your consult.