About Facelift Surgery
Board-certified plastic surgeons Drs. Thornwell Parker and Kevin Hanz at Elevate Medical Spa and Cosmetic Surgery offer surgical facelifts for their patients in Dallas, TX. Facelifts can give amazing and natural appearing results when done appropriately. On the other hand, we have all seen unnatural results that may occur if there is inappropriate training and technique. This treatment concentrates on precise sections of the face to correct loose skin features to create a smooth, more youthful appearance. Depending on your aesthetic goals, a facelift can focus on the areas around the eyes, the cheeks and mid-face, the bottom section including the jowls, mouth, and neck, and more for an all-around youthful look. The type of facelift technique used depends on the patient's goals, the condition of the skin, the amount of laxity present, lifestyle, age, and other factors. Some men and women are ready for a full facelift, while others may only need a mid-face lift or upper face lifting. Our experienced surgeons have a complete understanding of the anatomy and complex intricacies of a facelift surgery. The objective is to create a natural-looking result that's smooth and appealing.
Ideal candidates for a facelift are frustrated by noticeable facial wrinkles and lines whether it be on the entire face or a specific section, such as the mid-face and lower face. Facelift surgery can address various sections depending on your unique signs of aging. It is important to understand that age does not necessarily define the timing to have cosmetic facial surgery. There are so many unique concerns and reasons, as well as numerous lift types depending on the concerns being addressed. The treatment chosen will vary for patients who are in their 30s versus those who are over 60. Skin laxity is one of the most important components in the planning process. Facelift patients should be in good physical health and be a nonsmoker, and also have realistic expectations. Prior to surgery, we will give you all of the nonsurgical treatment options to discover if you can benefit from nonsurgical procedures, such as fillers, BOTOX®, or laser treatment.
"All the staff was very professional."- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Oct 12, 2017
"Always a great result - I've received Botox treatments from Dr. Hanz and it always looks natural and I receive many compliments. Very happy with my care... Im contemplating other treatments and I wouldn't go anywhere else. His bedside manner is very pleasant as well.."- C. / RealSelf / Feb 01, 2018
"Breast Implant Removal and Liposuction - The staff at Elevate was amazing from scheduling my consultation down to the actual procedure. I had two separate procedures performed by Dr. Hanz the first one being a breast implant removal and the second one was liposuction. Dr. Hanz and his staff were very helpful in answering all of my questions and concerns. My continued care after the procedures has been substantial as well. I would highly recommend Dr. Hanz and his staff for any of your cosmetic needs."- H. / RealSelf / Jan 30, 2018
"Breast implant removal with a lift and liposuction - The staff at Elevate Medical Spa was amazing from scheduling my consultation down to the actual procedures. I had two separate procedures performed by Dr. Hanz the first one being breast plant and capsule removal with a lift and the second one being liposuction. Dr. Hanz and his staff were very helpful in answering all of my questions and concerns. My continued care after the procedures has been substantial and I am very pleased with my results."- Anonymous / Vitals / Jan 30, 2018
"no suggestions for anything to be any different"- Anonymous / Healthgrades / Oct 12, 2017
Regardless of your aesthetic concerns, there are numerous facelifts to consider. Some facelifts treat the upper portion of the face, while others focus on the middle and lower. Moreover, some techniques are slightly more invasive and intricate than others. It is also common for some individuals to have other procedures done at the same time, such as a brow lift, eyelid surgery, laser resurfacing, or fat injections to complement the outcomes. A few of the more common facelift techniques include:
- Mini Facelift - During a mini facelift, a small incision is made around the ears to elevate and tighten the skin, which helps the mouth and jawline. This technique creates subtle improvements that look natural. This can often be done under the safety and comfort of local anesthesia only.
- Mid-Facelift - Incorporating a similar method to the mini lift, the cheek lift (known as a mid-facelift) focuses on the droopy features around the cheekbones and the upper jaw. This lift works great for those who desire improvement to the lower two-thirds of the face, which also includes the jowls.
- Full Facelift - Considered the gold standard, the full facelift usually incorporates an incision that is hidden around the ears and extends along the sideburn in the front and along the hairline behind the ears. The underlying facial tissues are delicately pulled and securely tightened to produce a lifted appearance, which reduces excessive wrinkles and sagging. There are other technical variations in how this procedure can be performed, for example, a “SMAS” facelift versus a “subcutaneous facelift.” A full facelift is reserved for patients who show signs of advanced aging. With this lift, several treatments may be combined, including an eyelid lift to enhance the eyes or a neck lift for the lower region.
- Lower Facelift - A lower facelift addresses the neck region and chin, and in many cases, the jowls. Nonsurgical methods, such as Kybella® or laser skin tightening, can also be used for chin reduction and a younger-looking neck.
What to Expect
Regardless of the facelift procedure you have, the ultimate goal is to produce a gorgeous and visually appealing outcome. The majority of our facelift surgeries are performed while the patient is under IV sedation, while some can be safely performed under local anesthesia. The timing of the treatment depends on how invasive the surgery is, and if other procedures were combined. After surgery, there will be bruising, swelling, possible drainage, some moderate soreness, and discomfort, which can be helped by pain prescription medication. Patients should plan on taking it very easy at home for about one week. The second week you are safe to get out of the home with some makeup on, but will still look a little beaten up. Weeks three and four you can begin returning to normal activity and light exercise, but may appear a little swollen. The majority of patients look and feel normal after about a month. You will see a smoother and younger-looking facial appearance. In all, the face will be rejuvenated and fresh.
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- $11,000 - $20,000
- Recovery Time
- 2-3 weeks
- Average Procedure Time
- 3-6 hours
- Post-op Follow-up
- 5-7 days
- Procedure Recovery Location
The Right Facelift for You
A facelift treatment can take years off your face and provide you a natural, rejuvenated look. Today, there are so many alternatives for surgery based on your individual needs and goals. Plastic surgeons Drs. Parker and Hanz will help you seamlessly and gracefully walk you through each passing year looking natural with a facelift procedure. To hear more about this treatment, we invite you to contact Elevate Medical Spa and Cosmetic Surgery in Dallas to set up your consult.