What Causes Wrinkles and How Can You Effectively Treat Them?
We all cringe at the thought of getting wrinkles. Lucky for us, today’s cosmetic technology has tons of options to help battle inevitable signs of aging skin. We’re all young at heart, so how can we keep our skin looking fresher and younger, too?
The first step to combat aging is to find an expert. Wrinkles are a product of several things: skin thinning and collagen reduction, elastic fiber breakdown, and repetitive muscular contraction. The most widely known causes of wrinkles depend on age, stress, gravity, sun exposure or damage, and smoking.
There are two different types of wrinkles to be aware of:
- Static Wrinkles – Folds and lines that are present when we aren’t making a facial expression. Due to aging, these happen because natural substances (collagen and elastic) in our bodies decrease.
- Dynamic Wrinkles – These wrinkles are due to our facial expressions. Each individual is different when it comes to creases and fine lines. Some even say these happen because we’ve laughed a lot!
Here are five of our favorite treatments:
- Botox – Improve crow’s feet and frown lines with Botox. Overactive facial muscles often cause deep facial wrinkles. Botox relaxes those specific overactive face muscles, leading to a miraculous relaxed and youthful look.
- Dysport – Target minor lines and wrinkles with this cost-effective alternative to Botox. This versatile wrinkle treatment rejuvenates trouble areas with smooth, even texture.
- ProFractional Laser - Tighten your skin to improve skin tone and fine wrinkles. This treatment completely removes microscopic columns of skin, which triggers skin tightening and collagen deposition with rapid healing and rejuvenation.
- MicroLaser Peel – This laser resurfacing precision treatment targets damaged layers on the top layer of the skin and removes a thin layer of old, damaged epidermis to reveal a healthy, youthful glow.
- TCA Peel – Improve fine wrinkles and leave the skin feeling plump and hydrated.
We also invite you to take a look at our list of premium skincare products to remedy wrinkles featured on our Elevate Medical Spa & Cosmetic Surgery website. There you’ll also find a complete list of the cosmetic surgery options and medical spa services that we offer ... and the convenience of scheduling a consultation at our beautiful new Dallas office! We look forward to making a difference in your life.
Leave A Comment
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.